There are many things to do in the Hot Springs area. You will find white water rafting, tubing, hiking, horse back riding and fishing and snow skiing in season or just enjoying the beautiful scenery all around. Other points of interest are the Dudley Falls, Painted Rocks, Lover’s Leap, or Max Patch, The World Famous Hot Springs Resort and Spa offers soaks in the mineral water by the hour and Massage Therapy. There are many festivals in town such as Trail Fest, Bluff Mountain Music Fest, French Broad River Festival, and the Fourth of July festivities, and much more.There are many hiking trails in the National Forest. The Appalachian Trail comes right through downtown Hot Springs,this is always good for a day or a week hike. Around Western North Carolina within an hours drive there is the Biltmore House in Asheville, NC, Gatlinburg, TN, the Great Smokey Mountain National Park, The Cherokee Indian Reservation, Harrahs Casino, Pigeon Forge, TN and Dollywood,TN. There are several nice restaurants that are located in a few minutes time from Pleasant Bank.
Local Attractions and Links
Before you leave, be sure to:
– See a play at Mars Hill’s Southern Appalachian Repertory Theater.
– Ride the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad (reserve the caboose!)
– Raft all along the French Broad River (from Pleasant Bank’s private dock).
– Enjoy a relaxing soak in one of the many riverside hot tubs at nearby Hot Springs Spa.
– Hike the Appalachian Trail or one of the hundreds of others winding through the forests.
– Shop for local arts and crafts, quilts, pottery, painting, sculpture at the artists’ own studios.
– Listen to Appalachian music sung (and composed) by musicians who can trace their roots in these hills back 12 generations.
– Pet baby animals, make soap at farms in nearby Spring Creek.
– Visit Asheville, NC (25 min away), a sophisticated small city, on most Top Ten lists of best American cities in which to live and retire.
Things to do:
Sports & Entertainment: